- Online only
The Speech Articulation: Fricatives app authored by Fred D. Minifie, Ph.D, provides valuable instructional/clinical tools for speech-language pathologists, otolaryngologists, speech scientists, linguists, teachers of singing and other professionals. The app includes four voiced and five voiceless fricative consonant dynamic animations with sound plus a key view for each of the tongue shape and placement for the structural movements involved in the production of the consonants of American English.
- Anatomy ID: as each part is touched, the part highlights and the part name and description text changes. Description text shows or hides on demand.
- Anatomy view - 26 parts, includes nose, mouth and throat structure ID. Zoom and pans.
- Highlight View: key view of the tongue shape and placement for four voiced and five voiceless fricative consonants of American English.
- Voiced: /v/ /ð/ /z/ /ǯ/ Voiceless: /f/ /Ө/ /s/ /∫/ /h/
- Includes a word and sentence audio example to illustrate consonant articulation
- Animations: each consonant shows a lateral view of dynamic movements of the jaw, lips, tongue, velum (soft palate), and larynx needed for proper articulation of that consonant. Audio for each consonant sound is synchronized with the dynamic animations. Anatomy animation included.
- Two finger pan of all animations and key view pages.
- Drawing Whiteboard feature:
- Drawing: freeform lines in red, blue, green or black hue.
- Draw and text directly on active animation and video.
- Text: 36pt, auto wrap, non-movable in red, blue, green or black hue.
Double tap location, use screen keyboard to enter.
- Eraser: touch and rub lines and text on whiteboard to erase.
- Trash: one tap deletes all whiteboard lines and text.
- Screenshot whiteboard direct to Photos App for easy email and printing.
- iOS app info at the Apple App Store, Android app info Google Play
- Minor differences between iOS and Android app design possible, all specs nominal, check at at app stores
The Speech Articulation: Fricatives app makes learning consonants easy. Get the app today!
- Delivered Via
- Apple App Store and Google Play
No customer reviews for the moment.
Five programs covering Speech Articulation for the structural movements involved in the production of American English.
Exploring The Human Brain: The Cranial Nerves, a state of the art eBook, combines brilliant videos, interactive art, animations, and knowledge checks into a spectacular book for anyone interested in a deep introduction to the human cranial nerves. Author Tina K. Veale, PhD. leaves no stone unturned.
Hearing Computer Software and Chart Set contains six programs covering normal outer, middle and inner ear. Ear disorders for otitis media, inner, outer and middle ear. Set includes with four double sided laminated A4 sized Anatomical Charts.