- Online only
The Speech Articulation: Vowels Central/Diphthong app authored by Fred D. Minifie, Ph.D, provides valuable instructional/clinical tools for speech-language pathologists, otolaryngologists, speech scientists, linguists, teachers of singing and other professionals. The app includes five central and three diphthong vowel dynamic animations with sound plus a key view for each of the tongue shape and placement for the structural movements involved in the production of the vowels of American English.
- Anatomy ID: as each part is touched, the part highlights and the part name and description text changes. Description text shows or hides on demand.
- Anatomy view - 26 parts, includes nose, mouth and throat structure ID. Zoom and pans.
- Highlight View: key view of the tongue shape and placement for five central and three dipthong vowels of American English.
- Central: /a/, /Λ/, /ә/, /ɝ/, /ɚ/ Diphthong: /αυ/, /αɪ/, /כɪ/
- Animations: each vowel shows a lateral view of dynamic movements of the jaw, lips, tongue, velum (soft palate), and larynx needed for proper articulation of that vowel. Audio for each vowel sound is synchronized with the dynamic animations. Anatomy animation included.
- Two finger pan of all animations and key view pages.
- Drawing Whiteboard feature:
- Drawing: free form lines in red, blue, green or black hue.
- Draw and text directly on active animation and video.
- Text: 36pt, auto wrap, non-movable in red, blue, green or black hue.
Double tap location, use screen keyboard to enter.
- Eraser: touch and rub lines and text on whiteboard to erase.
- Trash: one tap deletes all whiteboard lines and text.
- Screenshot whiteboard direct to Photos App for easy email and printing.
- iOS app info at the Apple App Store, Android app info Google Play
- Minor differences between iOS and Android app design possible, all specs nominal, check at at app stores
The Speech Articulation: Vowels Central/Diphthong app makes learning vowels easy. Get the app today!
- Delivered Via
- Apple App Store and Google Play
No customer reviews for the moment.
Five programs covering Speech Articulation for the structural movements involved in the production of American English.
The Laryngectomy app covers normal voice, total laryngectomy and voicing post laryngectomy. The app contains six side cutaway and three non-cutaway front animations and eleven videos covering esophageal, tracheoesophageal and electrolarynx speech example cases. Include the Laryngectomy Anatomical Chart.
The Speech Articulation: Affricates/Stops app authored by Fred D. Minifie, Ph.D, provides valuable instructional/clinical tools. iOS app info at the Apple App Store, Android app info Google Play
Ear Pocket Chart with six computer software programs covering normal and disorders for the ear.
ENT Computer Software and Chart Set contains eight programs covering Normal Ear, Middle Ear ID, Inner Ear ID, Otitis Media, Vocal Folds ID, Larynx ID, Sinus ID and Laryngectomy. Set includes with six double sided laminated A4 sized Anatomical Charts.