Exploring The Human Brain: The Cranial Nerves, a state of the art eBook, combines brilliant videos, interactive art, animations, and knowledge checks into a spectacular book for anyone interested in a deep introduction to the human cranial nerves. Author Tina K. Veale, PhD. leaves no stone unturned.
The eBook starts with two chapters introducing the human nervous system and the cranial nerves, including an amazing video illustrating cranial nerve attachments before the brain is removed from the cranium. The book follows with twelve chapters covering each of the cranial nerves. Key words are linked to an extensive glossary; you can pop-up the info directly on page or link into the glossary to explore related topics. Each cranial nerve chapter starts with a full page photo view of the cranial nerve, followed with dissection video, artwork, animations, interactive art, a case example presenting the reader with a set of symptoms to diagnose, a set of steps for testing the cranial nerve and completes with a knowledge check. A 50 question final exam chapter validates the readers comprehension. The knowledge checks and exam combine true/false, multiple choice questions and labeling of images and artwork to test the readers understanding of the chapter. 144 pages.
Multi-Touch interface, video and interactive art offers a distinct advantage to engage readers, novice and advanced neuroscience students alike, and prepares them as tomorrows medical leaders.
Be sure to see the youTube video. Free download sample at the iBookstore. Need iBooks app installed on iPad or Mac to view. See requirements below.
- 113 glossary terms that pop-up the info directly on page or link into the glossary to explore related topics.
- Every glossary term available as a flash card for added learning.
- 41 Figures - extensive supporting art, many with multiple labels.
- 15 Photos - each cranial nerve chapter starts with a full page view of the cranial nerve.
- 11 Animations -
Words come to life, difficult concepts made easy.
- 7 Neuro Notes - side notes on the history and details of the cranial nerves.
- 14 Videos - real lab video of each cranial nerve, plus a spectacular video illustrating cranial nerve attachments as the brain is removed from the cranium.
- 28 Interactive Images - touch a label to zoom in on image detail.
- 12 Case Studies - a real case study is presented to diagnose for each cranial nerve, answer button at end to see how you did.
- 12 Knowledge checks - at the end of each cranial nerve chapter.
- 1 Final Exam - 24 questions, several with multiple parts.
iBooks textbooks on iPad offer a gorgeous, full-screen experience full of interactive diagrams, photos, and videos. No longer limited to static pictures to illustrate the text, now students can dive into an image with interactive captions or have the answer spring to life in a chapter review. They can flip through a book by simply sliding a finger along the bottom of the screen. Highlighting text, taking notes, searching for content, and finding definitions in the glossary are just as easy. And with all their books on a single iPad, students will have no problem carrying them wherever they go. Read more about the iBook experience here at Apple.com
- The iBook format is available for Mac computers and iPads. They will not work on a PC under Windows.
- Purchase on the iBookstore through iTunes on a Mac computer or via the iBooks app on an iPad or a Mac computer
- The iBooks app does not come preinstalled on most Macs or iPads. It is available at the Apple App store at no charge.
- To view this book, you must have an iPad with iBooks 3 or later and iOS 5.1 or later, or a Mac with iBooks 1.0 or later and OS X 10.9 or later.